STUDENT ENERGY TEST
1998-99 OEP Workshop
Multiple Choice: Read each question carefully. Fill in the circle next to the best answer.
1) If an energy source is renewable, it:
is a fossil fuel
can be replenished in a short period of time
cannot change from one form to another
2) Which of the following does riot conserve energy?
Insulating your home
Closing the refrigerator door
Using more hot water
3) Which form of energy exists when electrons are charged and moving from atom to atom?
4) Polymers are made of a long chain of.
Short Answer- The pie graph shows, by percentage, the amount of electricity each energy source produced in 1997.Use the graph and what you know about energy to answer the questions below.
5) Which nonrenewable energy source produced the least amount of electricity? What are two other uses for this energy source'?
6) What percent of electricity is produced by renewable energy sources? Name one advantage and one disadvantage of renewable energy sources.
7) All energy transformations can be traced back to the nuclear energy in the sun. Complete the chart below by doing the following:
1 - Number the symbols in the order that energy is converted when powering a light bulb with the Energy Cycle.
2 - Label each symbol using the following words: radiant, electrical, thermal, mechanical, chemical.